LOV has EVOLVEd
EVOLVE is a programme that aims to build relationships between schools, cultural organisations and venues to create a more diverse music offer for children and young people across rural Lincolnshire, increasing accessibility in the arts by targeting C&YP’s from key areas of deprivation in the county.
STEP 1) EVOLVE will initially be a programming collaboration with our venues, to highlight a high profile musician designed to inspire or challenge young people’s artistic vision. Tickets for this ‘go and see’ would be available to up 200 C&YP’s for a school connected with EVOLVE.
STEP 2) EVOLVE then seeks to recruit an Emerging Music Leader (EML) to design a 10 week creative programme, directly inspired by the venue’s high profile musician. The EML will facilitate sessions using the LOV youth-led model, allowing for the C&YP’s to take the lead in creating and organising the final showcase performance. The appointed EML will work directly with 30 C&YP’s identified to take part in the 10 Week Programme.
WE ARE CURRENTLY SEEKING PROPOSALS FROM EARLY CAREER MUSICIANS/FACILITATORS TO BECOME EMERGING MUSIC LEADERS FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE SEE THE CALLOUT DOCUMENT.
STEP 3) Over the course of 8 weeks of sessions within schools, the EML and LOV Project Coordinator will work with C&YP’s to create a day long showcase event. Throughout this process participants will be guided through to complete an Arts Award of an appropriate level to their age. The programme will be well documented throughout with videos and professional photos which will aid the LOV evaluation of the programme using Youth Music’s ‘do, review and improve’ Quality Framework.
EVOLVE aims to offer;
- WIDER ACCESS - through a 10 week Live Music Event (LME) Producers Programme, delivered in schools for children and young people with low levels of access due to location, economic deprivation or personal circumstance.
- SKILLS DEVLOPMENT - for EML's and teachers, increasing opportunities for them to access training, CPD and mentorship alongside paid work placements.
- SUSTAINABILITY & SUPPORT - to encourage the growth of a more sustainable and inspiring live music programme for C&YP through the commissioning of high-profile musicians and youth-led music events in professional venues.
- SHARED LEARNING - to promote and share our learning on national platforms to secure the growth and development of youth-led participatory programmes both in and out of education beyond this funding.
EVOLVE will engage approximately;
- 9000 C&YP aged 7-18 as audience members
- 372 LME producers and musicians
- 14 Emerging Music Leaders
- 14 Schools
- 14 Teachers