This summer holidays we will be running a fantastic Street Art and Fashion project at the National Centre for Craft and Design (NCCD) for young people aged 12 – 25. It is totally free to get involved in and you will get the chance to work with a professional street artist (graffiti). The project aims to respond to the current exhibition on the 1st floor at the NCCD, The World Is Your Dressing Up Box and inspire participants in creating their own fashion designs and modify fashion items using street art materials and other techniques.
Tuesday 8th August 2pm – 4pm Workshop 4 NCCD (4th floor)
- Introduction to the project and guided tour of The World Is Your Dressing Up Box exhibition
- Ideas session – Participants opportunity to tell us what they want to achieve
- Planning - Participants opportunity to tell us what materials they would like to use
Tuesday 15th August 10am – 4pm Workshop 4 NCCD (4th floor)
- Practical session with Street Artist – Creating Stencils and Designs
Tuesday 29th August 10am – 4pm Workshop 4 NCCD (4th floor/ outside on the grass)
- Practical session with Street Artist – Using designs to create final pieces of work - working with Spray Paint.
If you would like to get involved in this project please email Dawn at email@example.com or text/call on 07713200783 to sign up or for more information.
This activity is FREE but there are limited places, you must get in touch to book a place by Friday 4th August.
Photo credit: Faye Parker