On Saturday 10th October 2015, we launched our film competition in association with Trinity Arts Centre and the Back to the Future Project. The competition is all about representing Gainsborough in the present day. We want young people living in the area to make a short film (no longer than 90 seconds) that responds to the following:
‘Define what Gainsborough means to you’
Anyone can describe Gainsborough, which is why we want to understand how young residents would personally define the town. An example film entry can be found at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_PKt8qB3rk
We want you to make your film as interesting and as honest as you’d like. You can have singers, dancers, actors or just have someone stood in front of a camera. We don’t mind! You can film it on any device you would like. We’re not looking for the best performer; we’re looking for originality and a filmmaker. We look forward to receiving your entry!
FILM ENTRY DEADLINE: 12pm on Saturday 7th November 2015
Terms and conditions:
- 1. Entrant(s) must be between 12 and 25 years of age
- 2. The film must not be longer than 90 seconds! Films that exceed that time will not be accepted.
- 3. The entrant(s) must be the filmmaker
- 4. Films can be edited, which can include animation, narration and other film techniques.
- 5. The film should be sent to Tamsyn.Webley@litc.org.uk via https://www.wetransfer.com/ before 12pm on Saturday 7th November 2015. In the message section you need to write: 'Gainsborough Film Competition', your full name, age and contact number.
- 6. The top 3 films will be shown in the Trinity Arts Centre auditorium (on their cinema screen), on Saturday 21st November, with the winner being revealed on the day.
- 7. The winner(s) will receive a £50 Amazon Voucher.
- 8. All film entries will be used to make a compilation video that will be uploaded onto our YouTube channel after Saturday 21st November. The footage may also be projected onto Trinity Arts Centre on that date.
For more information email: Tamsyn.Webley@litc.org.uk